Friday 12 October 2012

Salt of the Earth

I understand from one of my regular readers that I may not be alone in my interest of industrial history.  This came as  something of a shock as I rather felt I was communing with myself on this blog.
If you are interested in the salt industry around Northwich there is a very interesting booklet written by Colin Edmondson - A Pocket History of the River Weaver.  It is all composed from original sources unlike many of the derivative offerings in the bookshops: it is only some 36 pages but is more informative than books many times its size.  Colin lives on a narrowboat in Cheshire and can be contacted at:
colin@colinedmondson.com
Ask him about the other books he has written, and mention where you found his name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be removed if considered inappropriate